Connect Plus M25 seeks contractors for £150m Framework.
Connect Plus, the operators of the M25 are seeking contractors for their new service delivery framework, covering maintenance and upgrades to the M25 and worth circa £150m.
As a consortium responsible for maintaining the arterial route around London Connect Plus is made up of a consortium including Balfour Beatty, Egis and Edge Orbital Holdings.
Contractors are being sought for a £150M framework covering maintenance and upgrades to the M25.
The organisation is responsible for operating and managing the M25 and its key arterial link roads on behalf of National Highways, having been awarded 30-year design, build, finance and operate contract which ends in 2039.
FACTS AND FIGURES ABOUT THE M25 DBFO CONCESSION
· It's one of the busiest networks in Europe
· It covers over 440km (273 miles)
· It includes:
· 5 tunnels
· 2,500 structures including bridges, culverts and overhead gantries
· 140,000 other highways assets
· It carries 15% of all UK motorway traffic
· At its busiest section in the South West quadrant, it's used by over 250,000 vehicles a day
· The Strategic Road Network is divided into 14 areas. The M25 and its arterial routes falls under Area 5
As a part of the tenderprocess Connect Plus will hold a supplier event on 31st March to inform main works contractors about the framework.
“Connect Plus is seeking to engage with economic operators from across the supply chain, that are typically involved in the design, supply, and construction of projects of this nature,” the company said.
Attendees at the event will be informed about the consortium’s plans for a six-year framework to deliver civil engineering and technology improvements. The total value of the framework is £150M, while the value of direct contracts is expected to be between £100,000 and £20M.
Among the works to be carried out under the framework are structures, geotechnical, junction improvements, roadside technology and environmental.
Companies interested in attending the event are expected to register by 11 March using this form.