SRL is delighted to be working in partnership with Solar Gates UK, the award-winning manufacturer of solar and hybrid powered barriers, gates and bollards for security.
Instaboom, the UK’s first solar/hybrid, instant deployment, work zone protection vehicle barrier is now available to hire from SRL, as part of our commitment to provide a complete portfolio of solutions to our clients.
Malcolm Johnstone, MD Hire Division at SRL said, “Many of our traffic management customers have the constant challenge of ensuring safety for their teams on the road. Instaboom provides that constant security whilst reducing the pressure on manpower. It’s a welcome addition to our growing suite of innovative ITS solutions available for hire.”
The Instaboom barrier is fully HSE compliant, UKCA marked and completely mobile, with remote telematics as standard, for use on all highways and SMART motorway projects.
· Rapid install – can be deployed by one person in seconds
· Closures – instant road closure for construction, highways and GS6 over height protection
· Simple – 800m radio fob and quick collapse boom
· Reliable – solar powered up to 150 times a day/night
· Hybrid – one month between charges without sun
Solar powered, the fully collapsible 4m boom can be deployed in minutes to secure a road. With the addition of the GS6 height detection kit, Instaboom also provides a unique way to protect from overhead strikes in work zones.
· Telematics for battery monitoring, up/down status, email alerts and remote operation
· 4m collapsible boom with rest post
· 800m rugged radio remote control
· Anti-contact laser safety beam
· Warning beacon
· Solar – up to 150 opens per day
· Mains top up
· Compact, 85x55cm. rolling chassis
· Upgrade to keycode, swipe or GSM access
· Available with overhead protection upgrade
Neil Sampson, MD at Solar Gates UK said, “The amalgamation of forces between Solar Gates UK and SRL is an extremely exciting juncture for us. The award winning Instaboom and GS6 Boom were developed to help highway contractors to reduce incursions, eliminate over height strikes and improve the safety of workers on the network. They have quickly been adopted on most SMART motorway and HS2 projects across the country, helping clients save carbon, guarding costs and lives.
“Working with SRL allows us to offer our clients a more rapid managed service, across the UK, as well as utilising their extensive depot network, enabling same day delivery of hire units. With new products on the horizon, aimed at short term and overnight projects, SRL will be able to promote the budget, safety and carbon benefits that Instaboom brings into new markets with us.”