Highways England to host returning to work engagement event
Government owned company to host event for those who have had a career break of two years plus
Highways England, the government-owned company responsible for building and maintaining the strategic road network is to host an online event for those looking to get back into work after a break of two or more years.
Taking place on the morning of the 15th September 2020 the event, built around the six month returners programme with the company allows those wishing to get back into the workplace after an extended break a significant opportunity to reintegrate themselves into employment as well as brush up on those management skills or gain some new ones.
If you are successful then you are offered a six month contract for a role with Highways England along with various opportunities to strengthen your skill set, confidence and more.
Roles currently on offer include:
• Business Planning Manager (Birmingham or Guildford)
• Planning Manager (Birmingham)
• Civil Engineering Estimator (Leeds, Manchester, Bristol or Guildford)
• Project Manager (Bristol or Bedford)
• Assistant Project Manager (Manchester)
• Reporting Manager (Birmingham)
• Senior Commercial Lawyer and Commercial Lawyer (Birmingham or Guildford)
What to expect on the day from the event:
• 9:45am Introduction to the call, agenda and more information about the programme
• 10:40am Returners will join the call to share their journey and success story.
• 11:00am Q+A, opportunity to ask questions to the current Returners
• 11:30am Break for 10 minutes
• 11:45am Women returners Talk
• 12:15pm Experts from across the company will join us to share information on the roles that are available and share more information about their divisions. Followed by a Q+A for attendees to ask questions about any of the roles they may be interested in.
Register your attendance today and be sure to leave your email address and telephone number so Highways England can contact you with more detail before the event.
In the meantime, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the recruiter, Chandni.bahra@highwaysenglandcouk